Through the Dollar a Stay campaign, donations from members and employees and other fundraising initiatives, the Royal Resorts Foundation supports a number of key causes during the year, including education, health, aid for employees in times of illness or economic hardship and conservation.
• Scholarships for a class of 31 students at Mano Amiga School at the Ciudad de la Alegria in Cancun
• Grants for students at local universities
• Cancer screening
• Physiotherapy for seven children at the CRIT Rehabilitation Center
• In 2018-2019, the Royal Resorts Foundation Employee Relief Fund was able to help employees and their families with cases such as cornea and kidney transplants, open-heart surgery and other major operations, hearing aids and speech therapy.
• Conservation, donations to Amigos de Sian Ka’an help this pioneer NGO protect the precious ecosystems of the Yucatan Peninsula and endangered wildlife.
• Contributing to landscaping in Cancun’s new green space, Parque Cancun.
• Donations to the Red Cross
• Donations of linens and towels to Fauna Digna for use in nursing injured wildlife back to health
The Royal Resorts Foundation is staffed by volunteers who also work full-time for the company.