At Grand Residences your wellbeing is our top priority. When you return to your home away from home you’ll find that we have taken additional steps to ensure the safety of owners, members, guests and staff.
We will be reopening with new hygiene protocols for rooms, guest areas and back of house in accordance with guidelines issued by the Mexican Department of Health and the World Health Organization.
• Welcoming members and guests with warm smiles and the traditional Yucatecan greeting of the hand placed over the heart, Ki’ imak K’iin instead of handshakes and hugs
• Keeping a safe distance and avoiding physical contact.
• Use of face masks by staff
• Widespread availability of hand sanitizer for guests and staff to use, including a bottle in the room amenity kit for guests to use and take with them when they venture outside the resort
• Incorporation of additional sanitation protocols and disinfectants in our daily room cleaning procedure
• Increased cleaning of guest areas and back of house where staff work behind the scenes
• High traffic areas and surfaces such as tables, doorknobs, elevator buttons and handrails are cleaned and disinfected frequently during the day
• Sports gear, yoga mats, gym equipment and fitness machines are cleaned with disinfectant before and after use and sanitizer wipes are available for guests to give them an additional wipe down.
• In restaurants and bars, seating plans will allow for greater separation between tables. Buffet service has been modified to reduce lines, other changes include greater use of individual portions and a member of staff to serve diners.
• Guest vans and employee buses will be cleaned and disinfected after every journey
• Using the Grand Residences App offers contact-free options for pre-check-in and express checkout, making special requests, checking daily activity programs and restaurant information
• Ongoing staff training on COVID-19 awareness and to reinforce hygiene protocols such as frequent hand washing
• Constant monitoring of the health of our employees
• In the event that a guest begins to feel unwell, has a temperature or is showing respiratory symptoms, the resort will notify the Mexican Department of Health immediately and follow its protocol on self-isolation, care and sanitation.