It is Royal Resorts policy to alert members of scams attempted by companies or individuals operating online. Several members have reported being contacted by a company called 118 International Realty.
Other members have reported emails and dubious phone calls from a company called Commodity Consultants International Ltd.; one of the representatives they have mentioned is a woman called Amira B. Williams.
A company called Blue Marlin Realty or Blue Marlin Realtors operating out of Chicago has also contacted some members. The name of the Qingjan Realty Group Pte Ltd and of a broker called Victor Santiago also appears in the documents that the member received.
Another member recently reported a phone call she received from a woman identifying herself as a federal prosecutor in Mexico City. This person claimed to be investigating a case against Royal Resorts but her questions were suspicious and alerted the member to a possible scam. We recommend that you watch out for calls of this nature. An official federal prosecutor would not carry out an investigation in such a manner.
In June, several members reported receiving unsolicited calls and emails about title changes from an individual called Marco Deleon operating out of Las Vegas and a company called Administración Hotelera Corporativa Columbus SA de CA. This individual claimed to represent CIT but is not associated with Royal Resorts, CIT or Interval Servicing in any way.
Other members also contacted us about calls from a marketing company agent operating out of Cancun who offered them special stay rates at The Royal Sands and The Royal Caribbean. This is not a Royal Resorts promotion and neither the company nor its agent has any business relationship with us. The fact that this individual mentioned The Royal Caribbean, which is closed and currently under renovation, should be a warning sign not to proceed.
In summary, Members have reported suspicious calls and emails from all of these companies:
• Commodity Consultants International Ltd.
• 118 International Realty
• Blue Marlin Realty or Blue Marlin Realtors
• Administración Hotelera Corporativa Columbus SA de CV
• Network Realty
• Network Real Estate
• Atlantic Realty
• New York Escrow Services
• Black Diamond
• Realty Alliance
• The Brokerage Group
• Realty Consultants
• Safran Group
Atlantic Realty and Realty Alliance operate out of Boston. The Brokerage Group, Network Real Estate, Black Diamond Group and New York Escrow Services have New York addresses. Zicasso is a Mexican firm supposedly with a parent company in Mountain View, California.
Royal Resorts has no business relationship with any of the aforementioned companies or their representatives. The Legal department has contacted them with a cease and desist notice.
We recommend that you do not engage with these companies or their representatives. Do not submit the membership information requested, and above all, never send money if they mention a processing fee.
When such companies contact you via email or phone to offer unsolicited broker, resale, title change, exchange or rental services and ask for cash in advance to cover “administrative fees”, “processing fees,” “commissions”, “guarantees” or “deposits” it is generally a good indication that they may not be genuine and if you pay it is very possible that you will not hear from them again.
Protecting your personal information
Always follow these steps if you receive a suspicious email or phone call:
• Check the source of the email if the company or individual claims to be associated with Royal Resorts. All Royal Resorts communications are sent from an official royalresorts.com email address, if this is not the case, then the email is not from Royal Resorts.
• Disregard the email or phone call if money is requested in advance for resale or other timeshare-related services.
• Do not supply personal data or the contact details of friends if referrals are requested.
• Do an online background check on the company to see if it is legitimate.
• Ask Royal Resorts if you are in any doubt, we are here to help you.
• Above all, do not send any money.
• If you receive an unsolicited call about title changes, contact Royal Resorts or Interval Servicing. Title changes must always be handled through Interval Servicing, your membership services company.
Cyber crime is on the rise and hackers and scammers appear to be more active than ever during the global pandemic. Take care when using the Internet. We recommend that you avoid disclosing your personal information on forums, blogs and other open media venues and participation in online referral schemes that ask you to send the names and details of friends. When you provide your contact information to others in order to rent, sell or lend your unit please ensure that it will be protected.